This exciting new course will allow students to learn about how computer games are made, and by the end of the course they will develop a game of their own.
The NPA Computer Games Development course will be delivered by an Edinburgh College lecturer, and will includes 3 units:
- Games Design – Students will think about what kind of game they want to create, researching and testing other games along the way
- Media Assets – Students will use audio software like Audacity and graphics software like Paint.net to create graphics, creating the assets for their game
- Games Development – Learning some basic programming on Scratch, students will develop the knowledge to start making their own game.
- Date/Time: Wednesdays from September, 10am-3pm, until June 2020
- Location: Access to Industry, 156 Cowgate, Edinburgh, EH1 1RP
- Finances: Course is part time and compatible with benefits. Financial support may be available in some circumstances
- Support: Additional guidance and support will be available to all students, to help with any difficulties while on the course
- Progression: On successful completion, students will be guaranteed interviews for a range of higher-level courses at Edinburgh College
- Application criteria may apply. Please contact us if you’re not sure.
For an application form, further information or any questions, please contact Graham on 0131 260 9721 / firstname.lastname@example.org